In recent years, there has been a growing awareness of the environmental impact of mailing packaging in Australia. As a result, many Australian businesses are looking for ways to reduce their environmental footprint by using eco-friendly mailing solutions. If you are a business in Australia, there are plenty of solutions available in the market to help you ensure your mailing packaging is eco-friendly.
Recyclable Materials: Your Best Friend
When looking at eco-friendly mailing packaging options, it is best to keep the following in mind:
- Some of the most eco-friendly mailing solutions are made from materials that can be recycled. In Australia, corrugated cardboard and kraft paper can be easily recycled and disposed of in the curb side recycling by your customers.
- Corrugated cardboard and kraft paper mailer boxes are not only widely available within the Australian market but also cost-effective packaging options, often with low minimum order quantities, which is handy for micro-businesses.
- Kraft paper can easily be coated in soy or plant-based coverings or double-lined to ensure it is water and tear-resistant, making it sturdy enough to replace plastic mailing packaging.
Don't Forget about Compostable Materials
If you want to go the extra mile, you can choose compostable materials for your mailing solutions. These materials, when disposed of correctly by the end-user, will break down naturally in a compost bin, leaving no plastic or waste behind.
Keep in mind that compostable packaging can break down extremely fast when compared to traditional plastics, which can take sometimes more than 1000 years to decompose, as opposed to compostable materials which take up to 180 days to decompose.
Specific Eco-Friendly Mailing Solutions
Here are some specific examples of eco-friendly mailing solutions that we think are the perfect solution:
- Self-Locking Mailing Boxes: Corrugated cardboard is a very strong and durable material that is also recyclable. It is a good choice for mailing heavy or fragile items.
- Diamond Protect Hex Wrap: Hex Wrap is made from 100% recyclable Kraft paper and is the perfect plastic-free alternative to bubble wrap to protect your fragile items when mailing them.
- Eco-Friendly Mailers: Made of recyclable sturdy Kraft paper, these mailers are a cost-effective and sustainable solution for plastic mailers. The kraft paper eco-friendly mailers feature two seals, making it easy to reuse for future postage or returns.
When choosing eco-friendly mailing solutions, it is important to consider the needs of your business and your customers. For example, if you are mailing heavy or fragile items, you will need a strong and durable material like a Self-locking mailing box combined with Diamond Protect Hex Wrap to add further protection for fragile items.
As an example, Australian-based Naturopathic wellness clinic, Your Natural Dispensary, has opted to use the eco-friendly Self-Locking mailing box & Diamond Protect Hex Wrap to ensure their Calm Tea & IMBIBE Miracle Collagen glass jars are well-protected while being mailed to their customers Australia-wide.
Why Your Customers Will Appreciate Your Brand Using Eco-Friendly Mailing Solutions
Customers are increasingly aware of the environmental impact of their purchases, and they are looking for businesses that share their values. When you use eco-friendly mailing solutions, you are sending a message to your customers that you care about the planet. This can make your brand more appealing to environmentally conscious consumers, and it can also help you improve your reputation.
There are many ways to make your deliveries eco-friendlier. You can use recycled paper, soy-based inks, and compostable materials. You can also reduce the weight of your deliveries by using less packaging. By making small changes like these, you can make a big difference for the environment.
In addition to being environmentally friendly, eco-friendly mailing solutions can also save you money. Recycled paper is often less expensive than virgin paper, and soy-based inks are also more affordable. You can also save money by reducing the weight of your deliveries.
Overall, there are many reasons why customers will appreciate your brand using eco-friendly mailing solutions. It is a way to show your commitment to the environment, improve your reputation, and save money. If you are a business in Australia, you can make a difference by choosing eco-friendly mailing solutions. By doing so, you can help protect the environment and attract new customers.