Kraft paper is a robust paper that, due to the manufacturing process, is much stronger than regular paper.
This process often uses woodchips and other wood waste to create the paper, which are steamed and pulped before being spread to dry for cutting, transport and assembly into a variety of eco-friendly alternative to single-use plastic. Not only is the end product 100% recyclable, but manufacturing plants are also equipped to reuse water and chemicals wherever possible which makes the whole process far more eco-friendly than those of single-use plastics.
Kraft paper does not get bleached. Bleaching is what causes paper to lose strength, so the absence of bleaching is what makes kraft paper biodegradable, recyclable, and compostable, while also remaining strong enough to be used for bags. The lack of bleaching also allows the kraft paper material to speak for itself, with a rough, authentic finish that looks and feels beautiful.
As an eco-friendly solution, the manufacture and use of kraft paper bags has a significantly smaller impact on the environment than plastics. The process is well-curated to produce an eco-friendly material without contributing significantly to environmental pollution, and now this material is widely accessible, it’s easier than ever for individuals and businesses of all sizes to ditch the single-use plastics.
What are Kraft Paper Bags?
You may have guessed from the name, but kraft paper bags are bags made from kraft paper. Available in all kinds of colours, shapes, and sizes, these bags are perfect for shopping, carrying groceries, or even for gift giving! The best part? They’re strong enough to be reused several times as intended, and then can be recycled when they reach the end of their life.
Kraft paper bags have come a long way since their first introduction to the market in the 1900s and are becoming more and more popular. Consumers are becoming more aware of their individual environmental impact and adjust their shopping preferences to include more eco-friendly options. Offering your customers strong, branded paper bags will keep them coming back time and time again, whether it be for day-to-day sales or promotional endeavours.
Why are Kraft Paper Bags so popular?
With the increased awareness around environmental issues, the business market is starting to see a huge uptake in the amount of kraft paper bags being used across many industries. But why is this?
- Customers want eco-friendly alternatives: Customers are actively searching for businesses and products that are more eco-friendly. As mentioned, with the rise of environmental awareness, the demand for eco-friendly alternatives also rises, with customers actively shopping from companies that also make this a priority. 79% of consumers worldwide prefer the use and feel of paper bags compared to single use plastics, so having these available is an easy and affordable way to attract and retain customers.
- It has a vintage appeal: The only thing more popular than eco-friendly alternatives, are retro alternatives. What better way to trigger happy childhood memories than with a clean, strong, vintage paper bag to take your shopping home with.
- Minimalistic Beauty: Gone are the days of flashy plastic colours. Simplicity and minimalism are in, and Kraft Paper is the best way to make your business stand out! Simple, modern colours and branding are sure to have your customers returning time and time again.
- Reusable & Recyclable: Kraft paper bags can be used multiple times to reduce the amount of plastic. They can be used several times for the intended purpose, and then tossed into your home recycling bin so they can be broken down and used again for something new.
Advantages of Kraft Paper Bags
So, now we know why kraft paper bags are so popular with customers, what advantages to they have for businesses?
- Variety of Sizes: Now that kraft paper bags are so accessible, they come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes. This is great for businesses because you’re guaranteed to find the perfect fit for any combination of products, large or small.
- Affordability: Kraft paper bags are now super affordable, which makes them accessible for small businesses. Often available at wholesale prices, it’s not uncommon for larger orders of bags to have discounts applied, making it a wise business decision to order in bulk.
- Customisation: If you’re already planning on getting paper bags for your business, why not splash out and get them customised! Show off your brand’s commitment to eco-friendly practices with paper bags without sacrificing style or branding.
- Enhance brand image: Business owners are always looking for new and unique ways to attract new customers. A paper bag that’s been cleverly customised with your company branding can be an attractive sight. By following eco-friendly trends and practices in your business you earn the trust of your customers, which will encourage them to return time and time again.
Where to buy quality kraft paper bags?
Buying kraft paper bags shouldn’t be difficult. At NEON eCommerce Packaging, we offer cost-effective and stylish packaging solutions for your retail needs. We have amazing kraft paper bags that you can use for your business that are 100% recyclable, reusable, and biodegradable.
NEON eCommerce Packaging is the perfect place to buy your kraft paper bags at wholesale prices, where the more your buy, the bigger the savings! We’ve done a lot of research to ensure we’re providing you with the best quality paper bags that will meet your durability and sustainability needs in Australia.
What are you waiting for!? Contact us today to ask how we can work together to build greener practices within your business!